March 30, 2009

or maybe it is.

If you haven’t read the post below, read it first.
.....................................................................................

All I can do now is laugh.


I went to package up the boxes, returning all the various seats and legs and backs into them. I picked up a seat cushion and while shoving it into the box I heard a rattling noise. Huh, there must be something loose. I shook it again just for fun and then I thought, No way.... I felt around for an opening in the cushion shaking it all the while. I couldn’t find anything suspicious, so I tore open the plastic covering and examined the cushion, turning it over to discover this:



Of course I felt completely silly—and annoyed at myself—for blaming Target for the “missing” legs. But seriously, who would think to look inside the seat cushion for legs? Paul and I scoured that first box that came and determined the legs to be missing.


But I’ve been pretty stressed lately, and this was just the laugh I needed.


P.S. Just after writing this, I went down to put another load in the washer. I added soap and then actually looked into the washer to discover I forgot to take the clean, wet clothes out before I put the new soap in. I guess I’m not running on all four cylinders right now.

xxxxx

2 comments:

Jennifer Disney said...

That's awesome! Why would they do that though? That doesn't make sense at all.
I think you better take a nap and not try to drive!

Anonymous said...

A good laugh is just what you need. You also are readjusting to eastern time zone. Thank goodness you now have your chairs. You could keep them all! 8 chairs is always nice. Just kidding, but 6 chairs are a good idea. I think you need a nice glass of wine and a good TV show.
Hugs,
Mom