March 30, 2009

not meant to be.

Some of you have been complaining about my lack of posts, so here's a little light-hearted story for you.

I have been craving upholstered dining room chairs for quite a while. And much to my delight, earlier this month I found the most adorable set a upholstered dining chairs at Target. Sure, Target merchandise doesn't promise the best quality ever, but the chairs came in a set of two for just $139.99 plus free shipping and 15% off! How could I resist such as great deal?

So a few weeks ago, I came home to two giant boxes from Target.com. Yipee! I opened both boxes (each with two chairs because Mom wisely talked me into getting four chairs) to find that all the chairs were missing front legs. Surprisingly, I took it all in stride, and called Target.com to get replacement legs. They promised to send me two new sets of chairs. So I waited impatiently for the new boxes to arrive. But they neverdid. So I called Target.com again only to find out that my replacement request was never processed. Nice. They "promised" to send out two new replacement boxes.

I was happy to discover upon my return from vacation two more huge boxes from Target.com. Yippee! I was too tired to open them last night, so I knew when I came home from work I would have a nice present waiting for me. After trying for 20 minutes to unlock the front door (which is a whole other story) I bounded in the house and eagerly ripped open the boxes ... only to (really, without any shock) discover that these boxes came without front legs, too. Rather than hassle with another replacement order, I called Target yet again to have the whole thing cancelled. Not only that, but I have to work with UPS to have the boxes picked up and I have to call Target back again after they receive the boxes to get replacement gift cards. I'm a little bummed about my super cute chairs, but I guess our budding relationship was just not meant to be.

If anyone has any recommendations for affordable upholstered dining chairs, let me know!

3 comments:

Alli said...

How does that kind of thing get past quality control? Maybe it is a new trend: 2-legged chairs. Hmmm ...

Have you tried Cost Plus?

Christie Murray said...

That is seriously messed up. They should pay you for all of your trouble. P.S. How do you know Alli? I went to college with her. :)

Jennifer Disney said...

Boooo! Boo for Target.