Just another example of my nerdiness:
Paul hands Kristin a wedding invitation that arrived in the mail. Kristin grabs it excitedly, taking in the typed name and address on the front. She exclaims, "Oooo, Scriptina! That's my favorite fancy font." Paul laughs at Kristin's proclamation and scoffs at her assertion that she can recognize a slew of fonts. Paul then holds up another envelope that came in mail, "Okay, fine then. What's this one?" Kristin eyes it briefly, pauses for a moment, and says, assuredly, "Broadway."
Later that night Kristin proceeds to engage Paul in a rather passionate conversation about dashes and semi-colons.
What can I say? I love words.
July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha ha. I do the same thing! I also get really excited about organizing solutions around the house. After re-organizing all of Brian and my plates, bowls and cups, I kept peeking inside the cupboard to see how pretty it looked. And, if I've been doing web design work too much, I start trying to figure out the exact color palletes I see in cars on the highway. So, you have some company in the nerd category.
That's hilarious! I know I'm a nerd when I try to hit "undo" when I do something wrong. It's then I know I've been spending WAY too much time on a computer. I think there definitely needs to be an undo button for life though.
Post a Comment