
I can’t believe it’s come to this: I’ve finally reached the point of craving comfortable shoes more than stylish ones. I know. This 30 thing it hitting me harder than expected. You may wonder...how did this happen?
It all started last fall when I was looking for a pair of gray suede ballet flats (because gray goes with everything). Anyway, right around that time, I heard about the opening of a local Clarks. Clarks—you know, the comfortable, practical (read: not so stylish) shoes typically sported by middle-aged housewives (ahem...no offense to the middle-aged housewives who are reading this). Let me remind you that I’m not middle-aged nor am I a housewife. But I sought out the store anyway and went right on in when I saw their new Artisan collection in the window—several leather shoes flanking the most adorable, perfect little pair of gray suede ballet flats. I tried them on and bought them in two minutes flat (no pun intended). Fast forward five months. Now the shoes are a little scuffed and worn...because I wear them every darn day. They’re super cute for one thing and really do go with everything. They’re the perfect blend of casual, not-so-casual, and modern.
But mostly they are so—incredibly—comfortable. I didn’t know a dress shoe could be this comfortable. And they’ve ruined me.
Which brings me back to the start of my story. Now that it’s spring I’ve been on the hunt for espadrille wedges, slim leather flats, funky patterns, sling-back kitten heels. And, yet, today I found myself rounding back three times—three times!—to the Clarks table at Macy’s. I found myself having visions of heaven while trying on the sneaker-like flats that make your feel feel like they are sitting on a cloud. I found myself likening the experience of shoe-shopping to that moment when you get in your ultra-comfy bed at the end of a long hard day. I found myself excited at a table with not an espadrille, kitten heel, or stylish pattern in sight.
Move over Nine West.
3 comments:
Okay, those are the CUTEST shoes... :)
They are incredibly cute!
Crazy girl, I love reading your blog! Dad Boys
Of course I have no life.....
Post a Comment