March 28, 2008

{misses}

The transition from the label “fiance” to “wife” hasn't been all that weird. And I’ve already gotten used to my new last name. It probably helps that it begins with the same letter as my maiden name and that I started going by that name at church before I got married. I am having a little trouble getting used to writing my new signature, but it’s not weird, just a little awkward for my fingers. But I was just filling out a form online and when I went to double check the form I saw I had accidentally put “Mr.” “Oops!” I thought. “Better change that to “Ms.” And the a second later, “No wait. I’m not really a Ms. [well, technically, I am] anymore, I’m a Mrs.” So I changed the form and then read it back. “Mrs. Kristin B.” Whoa. That one struck me hard. I don’t think I’ll get used to being a Mrs. for quite a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... yeah, that one was hard for me too. It didn't help that everyone still said "Ms." at work. What gets me now is when the kids at Abby's daycare say, "It's Abby's mom" when I get there.

Kim said...

I'm a first-timer to your blog. Sorry, this is SOOOO off the topic of this post, but I must say, you have my dream job!!! Any job that deals with scrapbooking in any way, shape or form must be awesome!!