March 27, 2008
{sniff, sniff}
In case anyone is wondering...I miss home. Sure, Cincinnati is a great city, there are so many things about it that I enjoy and would really miss if I ever left. But I still consider California home. To be honest, I really don’t miss the state at all—who would miss $300K condos? Plus, I’m really not a warm weather and beach kind of girl (weird, I know). But I miss my family. A whole lot. I miss my friends. I miss my church. I miss stopping at Mom & Dad’s just ‘cause I’m in the area. I miss having dinner and catching up with old friends. I miss being able to call up Mom have her go shopping with me. I miss Panda Express. I miss going to a church where I know people and I have a place. I miss Golden Spoon pies at Kim’s house. I miss feeling like I fit in. I miss running into people I used to know. I miss impromptu Friday nights watching HGTV and chatting with Mom. I miss birthday dinners and visits from Papa Jack. I miss a small group that I look forward too. I miss girls’ night out. Isn’t it supposed to get easier the longer you’re away? For me, it just seems to get harder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know exactly how you feel. Wanna know something strange? For me, it got easier, then harder, then suddenly Sactown felt like home one day. It sort of crept up on me. But, then again, I didn't have to give up Panda Express or 300K condos!
Heather
Ah, yogurt pie at Kim's.... :) When you and I are both in CA (some day??) we must re-create the experience. We'll see if it's as good the second time around. :)
Who could ever be faulted for missing home? Friends? Emotional connection with family? But the deeper longing is for the real home that Jesus said he went away to prepare for us. So the "longing" is a signal that what we really long for has no smog, no night, lots of joy, all our friends, no space and time limitations and no yucky dirty snow!
Post a Comment