I always complain that I never know enough about what's going on in the world. And I bemoan that fact that I don't have enough time to read The New York Times articles. I read the Yahoo! news headlines--that's the extent of my news. And yet, I can spend an hour reading the articles on "The Onion," which have absolutely no relevance to my life (or anyone else's). They're more pointless than reading In Style or Real Simple. At least with those you get fashion tips or learn new uses for Ziplock bags.
I've come to accept this about myself. And in honor of that I decided to start posting an article link from "The Onion" (http://www.theonion.com/) each week. For those unfamiliar with "The Onion," it's basically a fake newspaper. Completely politically incorrect, but completely funny. I'll try not to post anything offensive but I can't promise anything.
Here it is:
Americans Celebrate 10 millionth 'Bring Yourself to Work Day'
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/54595
November 3, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment