August 21, 2008

{tim gunn would be proud}

If you don't already know, "Make it work," is Tim Gunn's catch phrase on Project Runway.

Sure, Tim, I'll make it work. I tell my designers that pretty much every day. "You design the book to make it pretty, and I'll make the text work." I often find myself with a bunch of instructional photos, and scrapbook pages and words that don't work together, or don't explain things well enough for the reader, or don't match the concept of a book. Yesterday was no exception. But since rewriting the whole book and taking all new instructional photos was simply not an option, I spent the afternoon reorganizing, tweaking, and coming up with rather brilliant ideas to make the book even better than acceptable. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, so I got really excited about how well I was making it work (I guess that's why I do this editing thing), and it made me think of how Tim would be proud of me.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I can't think of anyone better to "make it work" :) I'm sure you "made it MORE than work" in fact. Luv ya!