Last weekend Paul and I made a short (2 hour) road trip down to visit friends in Louisville (that's "loo-uh-vul" for all of you in California). After a stop at Ben and Kristina's apartment we piled into the car and drove down to Starlight, Indiana to visit the orchards and taste the best down-home cookin' I've had outside of Cracker Barrel (hello, best chicken 'n' dumplings ever!--where have you been all my life?). Despite the unfortunate heat, we had fun riding the pickup trailer out to the orchards to pick fresh blackberries and apples at our leisure. Bringing home farm-fresh blackberries, my favorite fruit, was a sweet treat for me; blackberries from the roadside stand is one of the things I miss about Orange County. As I noted how interesting it was that simply picking fruit on a farm was such a novelty, Paul replied that, yeah, I'm sure the Latino men walking the rows as we picked blackberries would beg to differ.
Along with the fruit, I brought home a few photos:
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Hi, Looks a like you had a fun day with your friends. Those blackberries look terrific. I only had them twice this year from the stand. How was the concert, or did you go? Mom
1 comment:
Hi,
Looks a like you had a fun day with your friends. Those blackberries look terrific. I only had them twice this year from the stand. How was the concert, or did you go?
Mom
Post a Comment