March 4, 2008

{politics}

Well, not yet.

Unless you live under a rock you’ll know that the Ohio primary is today. So I feel compelled to post something political. I groan at all things political, so I’m sure it won’t happen again.

A couple of weeks ago, I was really excited to learn that Ohio’s primary results will end up mattering. When I heard our primary was more than a month after Super Tuesday, I was pretty disappointed because I figured that our votes wouldn’t make a difference. But now I wish our votes didn’t really matter. And I know that’s horrible thing to say. But voting is SO stressful for me. You see, I actually care about making an informed decisions befire I vote, and not basing my decision on whoever is most charismatic. But I have a serious problem making decisions. I’m not a person with strong political convictions. Not because I’m apathetic, per se, but because I am not a black-and-white kinda person. I see the world in numerous shades of gray, making it difficult for me to see anybody’s point—with a few exceptions, of course--as wrong. I always feel like everyone makes a good point. And how am I to know what the best answer is? I just feel so worn down with confusions and frustration and a feeling of “I just have absolutely no idea.” Case in point: I took this online quiz that is supposed to tell you which candidate(s) best line up with your ideals. The results? I best line up with both Huckabee and Clinton. Um, yeah, exactly my point. So what’s a girl to do?

No comments: