March 7, 2008

{free day}

It's noon on Friday and I'm at home, sitting cross-legged on my comfy soaf, watching HGTV. And I didn't take a vacation day (or call in sick). Why?



Snow day! Sometimes, it pays to live in a place where it snows (and not work at home). Our company is pretty stingy with the time off for inclement weather (we never get any time off), but the winter hasn't been bad anyway. Until now. In March.

I have to pat myself on the back; I did really well this winter. I'm pretty proud. I don't freak out about driving in the snow anymore, even when I have to go uphill on an unplowed street and my car is swerving without traction. (Wait, Mom, pretend you didn't read that part). I've come a long way since my first time driving in snow in college, where I was crying and praying and fearing for my life--when it wasn't even that bad and I lived 1/2 mile from campus. Go me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a note from Michael saying you had a foot of snow. I was wondering if you had a snow day. What fun!! I'll pretend I didn't read about "no traction" Enjoy the weekend.
Love, Me