I love technology. I love the convenience. I love how it helps get me out of a jam. I love that I don’t have to leave my house to do research (or shop or listen to a sermon). Sometimes I hate technology as much as I love it.
It has not been a good week technology-wise. First, there was the whole spilling water thing. Which didn’t turn out as well as I’d hoped. My computer is now at Dell being fixed (thank the Lord for warranties). I’m borrowing a computer from work. To get on the Internet I need to login into my wireless connection. No big deal, right? Right, except that I forgot my password and stupidly didn’t right it down. So, then I had to reset the router and set everything back up on the computer. Which didn’t work. And the Internet doesn’t work when I hook it directly up to cable. So, I’m “borrowing” another wireless connection in my building which has a really low strength. So I keep losing my connection to the work server and have to repeatedly log in. Not surprisingly, at the end of the day, all I want to do is curl up in front of the TV and be a couch potato. Except that for some reason I get the Disney channel instead of the CW and I can’t watch Gilmore Girls or America’s Next Top Model. I think, Maybe I’ll watch Veronica Mars on DVD instead. Oh wait, I can only watch a DVD from the beginning (and not, for example, episode 8) because we lost the remote to the DVD player. Luckily, I have a DVD player on my computer, for watching DVDs halfway through. Yes, that would be the same computer that is currently with Dell. And DVDs don’t play on my work computer. Yesterday, I bought a remote at Target to use on the DVD player because I wanted something to finally work. But when I set it up it didn’t work. Five mental breakdowns later, here I am. Plus, as I type this, after every third word, the cursor moves up or down a line without my permission. I ended up taking a sick day because I just couldn’t deal.
October 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment