The "pray if you feel led" prayer. You might think the prayer "Closer" is the one with all the power, but don't be misled, the Opener is in control. In addition to often choosing the Closer, they set the tone for the entire prayer circle.... More than that, they don't need to worry about the Closer or fear someone cutting them off. They can pray and then relax. Their job is over and done in a matter of seconds.
Church names that sounds like clothing stores. Imagine you're at work on Monday and someone says, "What'd you do this weekend?" You can reply "I hung out at Elevation." Your friend will then say, "Is that the new hip hop dance club? At which point you can then say, "No, it's a church" and then proceed to share the entire gospel with him. OK, maybe you shouldn't do that, but at the bare minimum, saying you went to "Elevation" is going to at least keep the conversation rolling where if you said, "I went to 'God is Awesome, Praise Sweet Baby Jesus Cathedral' over the weekend," your friend is going to throw an imaginary smoke bomb and climb out of a window.
Christianizing your Facebook profile, a how-to guide. Step 1: Your Name: Don't just use your name on your profile. ...Name your profile something like, "Forgiven1" or "WashedinBlood." Step 2: Status: Write something a little longer like, "Matt is stuck in the moment, the moment when my eyes will look up to the Son, the Son that's always been there for me, arms around my life, for now and evermore."Step 4: Quotes: If you don't have a quote from CS Lewis on your profile page, I'm not sure you're a Christian.
1 comment:
Too funny! I like that blog! And I like your blog. It's really cute with that little birdie!
Post a Comment