We spent the weekend practicing to be parents with our one niece-and-nephew set. (No one get any ideas...we promised the kids a "fun day" as a Christmas present and had to hold up our end of the bargain. But we couldn't ignore the fact that we are actually old enough to be A and E's parents and it kind of gave us a glimpse into what parenthood would be like) A and E came over Friday night and we happily dropped them off at their parents' on Saturday. Okay, not
that happily. It was a really fun time and A and E are super fun, sweet kids and totally adorable. I love that they are homebodies, perfectly content to watch TV, play fort, and visit barbie.com. [Our most favorite quote of the weekend was E (who is barely six) saying she wasn't all that into princesses and royalty. When we asked what she was into she replied, "Greek mythology."] By the close of Saturday, Paul and I were seriously exhausted, although we were exhausted before the weekend even started so it wasn't entirely A and E's fault. I spent many a moment thinking that I am not the sort made for motherhood. I also spent much of Saturday behind the camera, snapping way too many photos and making everyone stop every five minutes to pose--these were the moments where I thought perhaps I am cut out to be a mom. Here are some of the photos from the weekend.
Atop the Carew Tower, the tallest building in Cincinnati; pretty awesome view.

Waiting for the pool to open; I love E's face!

The only photo with me in it:

Smiles after swimming in the wading pool downtown.

E doing her impression of a fountain.
2 comments:
So cute! I'm glad you had a good time. Luckily, you ease into parenthood. I remember thinking I could never have enough energy to keep up with a kid, but luckily at first they can't move and they sleep a lot. Sometimes I still wish it was that way. :) But really, when the child is your own it is very different.
Adorable pictures! Thanks for your emails and I will write back soon. Kristin, I think you'd make a great mom.... :)
Post a Comment