January 30, 2007

So damn cold!

When Paul and I left Cincinnati for a little road trip on Saturday morning, it was so warm we didn’t have to wear our winter coats. I’m talking like 50 degrees. Wow! So you can imagine our surprise and discomfort when we arrive in Chicago, at a mere 20 degrees, sans gloves and hats. Winter is always bearable in the warmth of a heated apartment, gripping a hot mug a coffee. And then you find yourself walking around the Windy City (and I mean windy!) and you think "I’m never moving to Chicago!!” The walk from the train back to the car was so painfully cold; I’ve never been so cold in my life. We had a really fun weekend visiting Paul’s twin and his new wife, eating Chinese and deep dish pizza, and seeing downtown. But I was excited to get back to sunny, warm Cincinnati. So you can imagine our surprise and discomfort when we arrive in front of Paul’s house, at a mere 19 degrees, sans gloves and hats. What the heck?! I was practically crying the whole drive back to my house I was so uncomfortably cold. It’s still 20 degrees out. Like I need more motivation to not leave my house...

No comments: