October 16, 2006

I can't take it anymore

Every time I go to the mega-church on Sunday morning, I sit there thinking, Can we have some worship music please? And the Bible would be nice. (Okay, they read from the Bible, but not a whole lot and it’s always out of context.) At one point in yesterday’s service I wondered if the pastor had even said Jesus or Christ. I couldn’t recall. (He mentioned Jesus a few minutes later, which made me feel better). And I sat there thinking, God, you must be here. I know there’s at least two of us here. But it’s still sad and frustrating to wonder, while you’re sitting in church of all places, if God is there. I’ll say again, that I respect the compassion ministries that the church does, their justice work in Asia, and their efforts to reach out to the non-churched. But it’s not a place for me to feed my soul.

No comments: